Inspired by my good friend Kyle, and because I also saw a LOT of movies this year (35), I’m gonna try to rank them. TRY. This is as close as I’ll get. Categories are in no particular order.
- The Cabin in The Woods
- Premium Rush
- John Carter
Really Wanted to Like It:
- Wanderlust - such potential! such a bad story
- Prometheus - while beautiful, did not meet expectations
- Magic Mike - god damn grumpy cat
- Jeff, Who Lives at Home
- The Hunger Games
- The Dictator
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
- Total Recall
- Pitch Perfect - despite the best efforts of the remarkable Rebel Wilson
- Lockout - Guy Pierce is so quippy! Like Diehard in space
- Dredd - <3 Karl Urban
- This Means War - for that beautiful bromance alone
- Goon - Sean Williams Scott is great in a surprising heartfelt hockey film. yeah, i know, heartfelt hockey.
- The Avengers - was not looking forward to this one, but it was very fun!
- Men in Black 3 - nice to see a sequel worthy of the original
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - like one long action trailer… so basically my ideal movie
- The Amazing Spider-Man - worth it for the adorable Emma and Andrew alone
- The Campaign - expected MUCH worse
- For a Good Times, Call… - just the right amount of laughs and estrogen
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - more like pleasant, as expected
Super Into It:
- The Expendables 2
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Moonrise Kingdom
- Django Unchained
- Titanic 3D (it counts)
And perhaps my FAVORITE movie of the year?
Who knew Channing was so funny? Hilarious and totally unexpected. Have already seen twice. Just awesome.